Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 - Remembering the "Best of Us" - Nelson Mandela

As 2013 draws to an end; I cannot leave this year, without honoring the "Best of us" - Nelson Mandela. His life is an example to us; to not be diminished by the "burdened spirit" - that beats away at us; to succumb to the "status-quo". During my "car-haul" days, I remember reading Nelson Mandela's, "Long Walk to Freedom" - usually at days end; quite often falling asleep in my bunk, & awaking in the morning - with the "soft cover version" crumpled, underneath me. Nelson Mandela's story has many lessons. As was quoted by the Boston Globe - "A manual for human beings.......Should be read by every person alive." The best lesson I liked, was the final paragraph. It stated: "I have walked "that long road to freedom". I have tried not to falter; I have made missteps, along the way. But I have discovered the secret; that after climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. I have taken a moment to rest; to steal a view of the glorious vista that surrounds me; to look back, on the distance I have come. But I can rest only for a moment, for with "freedom" come responsibilities; and I dare not linger, for my "long walk" is not yet ended."
Nelson Mandela, now, you are at peace - knowing you have accomplished much & taught us all; that true "Freedom" is 'within us'. Thank-you for ALL you have done! I "HONOR" you! You will be missed!


"Mandela Day - SIMPLE MINDS" - Thank You to 'Simple Minds', for your music & 'Love of  Humanity' ... & to 'dailymotion.com', for sharing . . . 'Cos We Know what's going on' ...

No comments:

Post a Comment