Monday, December 9, 2013

Reminiscing, the "Truths" of our Human Existence

This past weekend, my wife & I, pulled out "Christmas" decorations, decorated the tree & wrapped a few presents for loved ones - cherished traditions, carried forward, from our youth. One never gives too much thought, as to why we do this; because it has always been the way of life, for our "Christian" family - & for generations. We would never challenge the reasons - why would we? We have been encouraged from infancy, to think this way. As for many of you, indoctrinated into other religions & cultures, you no doubt have "your cherished traditions" - as well. These traditions generally give "us" a special (warm) feeling; of togetherness & belonging; and sense of "oneness" - for those with similar thinking. In an earlier blog post, "We Are All Unique", I attached a link to, "Being Awareness" - by Swami/Allen Ajaya - PhD. I found his article quite enlightening, as he talked about "not limiting yourself" to the current "dogma" of the times. He suggested being open to "your own truths" - things that are in your "consciousness", that seem right for you. By doing so, you will remove mysticism - and have your own, true connection with the "Creator". By doing this, you will have access to the "universes knowledge" i.e. truths. In these difficult times, where leadership; both political & bureaucratic is lacking - the "dogma" of the past, appears outdated, at best. Your/our truths need to be explored, in our minds eye. Be open to the new. Remember we are all "One"; We are "all Connected". A "Hindi" greeting I would like to share with you.

"NAMASTE"
  "I honor the place in you, where spirit lives
I honor the place in you, which is
of Love, of Truth, of Light, of Peace.
When you are in that place in you,
and I am in that place in me;
then we are One."

Another quote, I want to share is from "Black Elk", & a famous Medicine Man & Holy Man of  the Oglala "Lakota" (Sioux); & a second cousin of "Crazy Horse".

In a Vision, Black Elk related:

"And while I stood there, I saw more than I can tell,
and understand more than I saw;
for I was seeing in a sacred manner,
the shapes of all things, in the spirit,
and the shape of all shapes,
as they must live together like "one being".
And I saw that the sacred hoop of my people,
was one of many hoops, that made one circle;
wide as daylight & as "starlight";
and in the center grew one mighty flowering tree,
to shelter all the children - of one mother & one father.
And I saw that it was holy."



    

No comments:

Post a Comment